College Savings Made Easy
Great news! The Minnesota College Savings Plan (MNSAVES) is available as an employee benefit. You’re probably familiar with 401k or 403b plans for retirement. An MNSAVES account is similar, but it’s used to save for higher education. With low fees, and tax advantages for Minnesota residents, MNSAVES makes saving affordable. (*Limitations apply.) Because contributions can be made directly from payroll with direct deposit, it’s simple, too.
It only takes about 15 minutes to enroll. So let's get rolling!
For so many families, the Minnesota College Savings Plan is a smart choice. Here are just a few reasons why:
- State tax benefits
- 100% tax-free growth potential
- Financial aid friendly
- Use at eligible schools anywhere in the US or abroad
Plus we are here to help every step of the way.
REGISTER FOR A CONSULTATION OR WEBINAR
If you would like help or have additional questions, the Minnesota College Savings Plan offers free consultations with a college savings specialist. Schedule a phone consultation or attend a webinar.
Set up your Minnesota College Savings Plan account
- Open a new account
- Add Direct Deposit to an existing MNSAVES account
[ Skip to Step 2 ]
- Rollover an existing 529 account from elsewhere
DOWNLOAD ROLLOVER FORM
Tip: Be sure to select "Payroll Direct Deposit" as the method of funding your account in the "Initial Contribution" section of the New Account Application.
If you wish to fund your account by payroll direct deposit, you can do so by enrolling online.
- Download our Payroll Direct Deposit Guide for everything you need to know about establishing payroll direct deposit with simple directions and tips for enrolling online or by mail.
- You may also set up recurring contributions from a bank account
Tip: The MNSAVES Payroll Direct Deposit Form must be processed by MNSAVES before the first payroll direct deposit contribution (may take up to 10 business days).